Latest nVIDIA GF8 Driver/Control Panel Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I've had nothing but raw luck with my nVIDIA drivers... Since I first installed the GeForce8800 drivers 6 months ago, and every update since, the nVIDIA control panel has had only partial functionality, and would crash when attempting to access certain areas of it.

Now with the most recent update (this month) the control panel crashes on launch, and I can't access anything at all, leaving me no control of the Anti Aliasing overrides I need to optimize game performance.

8fo8uon.png

Does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?

MSI P6N SLI Platinum Mobo (nForce 680i)
eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320 w/ latest driver from nVIDIA.com
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe @ 3.2GHz
2 GB G.Skill DDR2 800 D9GMH Micron
4x WD Caviar in nRAID 0+1
Optiquest ViewSonic Q20wb
Windows XP Professional

Well i see you have a different theme. I can say that from my experience with my Series 6 card that i have not had any problems iwth the CPanel at all. In both XP and Vista and while running the Official drivers and the Beta.

So it could be 1 of 2 thigns from what i can see.

1.) your CPanel is screwy cause of a UXTheme.dll patch gone bad?? Or maybe Windowsblinds messed with it??

2.) the Series 8 drivers are worse than the Series 6 drivers.

NVIDIA Forums

Check out their forums. They have several topic on both the Foreware divers and the Control Panel. Maybe they can be of more assistance.

OK, let's get one thing straight... IT'S NOT WINDOWBLINDS.

Just because I have Windowblinds installed does not mean that it's automagically the source of all my problems. The drivers were snafu long before I ever installed WB, and they didn't go completely fubar until the latest update, long after.

Look i wasnt saying that Windowsblinds is a bad app. I use it all the time as well. I am just saying that it could have been something to do with windowsblinds. Since the nvidia control panel might have a conflict with this. It was jsut a guess. So calm down. I personally use WB6 all the time. I think it is a great app. It was just a thought that maybe the control panel isnt compatable with it. It has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom