laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

fliime

Beta member
It won't turn on, disconnected battery, put it back on, even with power chord, the laptop won't turn on, only 1.5 years old, DELL 700m,

any ideas?

I am thinking a dead hard drive??

do you get anything? like do you see anything on the screen? Even with a dead hdd you will still see something on the screen

nothing at all, it won't turn on period, dead, won't boot up at all.
And I have an exam tuesday, all my notes are in there...
:(

nevermind i just realized what happened, power chord wasn't all the way in, stupid me!
lol
thanks by the way for your help

ok, qucik fix. See, if the battery has no juice, you get nothing, so thats why I said the battery

no, it's not the battery.
1. It could be the power cord.. Does the power block still heat up a little when you leave it plugged in for a while? You can try getting someone else's power cord (make sure it has the same wattage, amperage, voltage and connector!!!)
2. Could be the power switch. Try pushing it from different angles or something, see if it's broken.
3. Smell around, especially the vents and the power block, see if you can smell any electrical burn.
4. Try pushing and holding down the power switch for 5 seconds.

If all fails, you can always take out the hard drive (should have instructions on how to dismatle it with the dell packaging) and plug it into a friend's computer, or your desktop if you have one to retrieve your notes.

Let me know what works.

Its fixed, he said the powercord wasnt in all the way resulting in a dead or not fully charged battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom