Laptop won't load anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have recently installed windows again on my laptop and saved it as "windows 2" which has allowed me to access all my files and stuff so i could save them onto USB. Is there anyway i can repair the profile from the other Windows from the new one i have installed. Or am I able to copy programs from the old windows to the new?

Thanks for your help

Bluenose

You should have run the windows repair instead of installing another windows OS on there. You should still be able to repair the broken windows OS. Just pop in the windows cd. Boot up to it and press R when it asks.

The rest is pretty simple.

hello,

Will i be able to copy all the program files from the old windows into the new one and then if i delete the old windows will it still allow me to use them programs?

Also i used a recovery console disk that i recieved with laptop as couldnt get my hands on an XP disk and i couldnt see a repair option?

Thanks for your help

No you will not be able to just import the old program files folder. Doing so will not allow you to run the programs. You will be missing your application data stuff and the registry keys. You will have to reinstall the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom