laptop running really slow what other steps should i take

Status
Not open for further replies.

psydesign

In Runtime
hey guys i have a 1.6 centrino laptop lately its been running really slow so tonight i have done a virus scan using the latest norton, and ad aware se scan. also doing a disk defragment as i speak i have freed up 49% of my hdd space and deleted basically everything on my desktop and tool bar that is not needed. i have also changed my start up programs through ms config to only the needs programs. what other steps should i take to get it to perform at the best that it can. without formatting the hdd???
any programs would be greatly appreciated.

Well norton is a horrible anti virus,if in fact there was a virus on your computer norotn would not find it. So in regards to an antivirus try something like avg or avast(both free).Also for junk files and wasted space try ccleaner it is a great little program. For a little more spyware protection get spybot s&d, along with ad aware it will clean your computer of spyware very well.

^You can't talk about stuff like that on here, it's against the rules. Forums get shut down because of people talking about pirate software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom