Laptop Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green1234

Solid State Member
Friends:

My sister has a problem. She knows her husband is cheating on her but does not have all the proof to confront him with. She has two kids and has no intention of divorcing him. She just wants to save her marriage by getting her husband back.

Her husband has a office laptop on which he handles all mail including personal mails. She asked me to get the passwords for the laptop and see if I could get details of his chat sessions etc. I tried to get the password by using a "Login Recovery" CD (i believe by KNOPPIX) , so that later on I could install a key logger software. The laptop has "POINTSEC" installed on it. So when I insert the "Login Recovery" CD it shows recovering passwords, and moments later comes back with a msg. that "This program only works for Windows XP, 2000, NT" and just blanks out.

I guess it's b'coz When I boot up the laptop it by-passes the Windows and goes over to the "POINTSEC" program.

My questions are:
a) How do I get the "username" and "password" for the POINTSEC screen?
b) After getting this I am not sure if I will have access to the wondows instances on the laptop (so that I can install a key logger program, and also check the history of websites visited etc.) or if it will take me straight to his office nw which may have another layer of password.

PLEASE HELP IN SOLVING THESE PROBLEMS.

ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks,

Eric:

Could you please let me know how to get the username and pwd for the pointsec screen.

I appreciate your help.

Superdave1984: No, I can't boot to safe mode.

Thanks guys,

What if you used a R.A.T? you wouldnt even need to touch is computer. Just send him a fake file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom