Not open for further replies.

cashmoney

Solid State Member
OK this is some specs on the Laptop I have:

ACER Travelmate 340
Pentium III 450 MHZ
6.4 GIG Hard Drive
192 MB Memory

Ok the problem I am having is during startup while it is cheking the memory I get a error message at 0094-0000-0268h (R:000h, W:4949h). Now when I plug in my external floppy/cd drive and the message comes up the startup will go no farther, but when the external floppy is not connected it will at least go into safe mode but Windows want start up normally. Will someone please help me out on this and tell me what I can do. I know how to fix desktop computers but i know nothing about laptops. Thanks in advance..

Ok, i ran the memory test and this is the error that showed up:

Memory Error at 0094 : 0000 : 0268h ( R:0000h, W:4949h )

One of your memory sticks is bad. If you only have one stick of RAM, it needs to be replaced. If you have more than one, test them with memtest, one at a time, until you get that error again. That should tell you which stick is bad.

CHECK ALL STICKS OF RAM AS IT IS POSSIBLE THAT MORE THAN ONE STICK IS BAD.

yup, time to change your RAM.. just hope you don't have one of those laptop that makes it extremely hard to change (your better bet is to contact the manufacture if that's the case :D)

Ok, on this laptop it is easy to change. From the manufacturers website it said this for memory upgrade on this laptop: "Memory is expandable to 256 MB, employing 32-/64-/128-MB 64-Bit industry standard soDIMMs (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules). The computer supports SDRAM."...So what i want to know is what type of memory should i put in here and what size. If someone could tell me an exact kind to get or give me a link I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom