Laptod HD to desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem

I sort'a have the same problem..

But in my case i was already using the drive as an external usb hdd.... And it worked fine...I tried connecting it to an older computer I have and that's when the problem stared.

Now connecting it externally or with the drive adapter (inside the pc) won't work. I see the drive in Device Manager with the label "Disc Drive". But It doesn't appear in My Computer nor Disk Management. I can;t acces it via the command prompt either. When I try to populate, i get the error message:
"Volume information for this disk cannot be found. THis may happen if the disk is a 1394 or a USB device on a Windows 2000 machine."

This error msg doesn't help much.
I put the hdd back in the external case..I also tried putting it in a new case..didn't work...I'm now trying to solve the problem but I really need help...I have a million important files on the HDD whick I don't have a backup of.

I'm usin XP SP2 with all current drivers. Usb 2.0 support, and I don't have any other devices connected in my other usb ports.. And this all seems strange because it was working fine.

try this, go on properties, and see if you can find something that you can make that drive a certain removable drive with a letter

if not, i have no clue

It didn't have EFS enabled either.... There wasn't any cind of password protection either on the drive itself.. Some protected zip/rar files maybe....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom