language of windows help , please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i decided to tell the guy just to buy an english version of xp since it didnt even have the sticker on the bottom.

i found his key through a program i have, thats how i got it

i also found out it was xp pro, and my disc is for home, so it wouldnt of worked anyway.

thanks for all the help, lots of good info here. =)

XP Pro: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems

XP Home: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 for System Builders - Operating Systems

XP Media Center Edition 2005: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2B for System Builders - Operating Systems

I do have (back up) copies, of many of the original XPs (comes from working in a computer tech shop)
But I also agree that this may be against the EULA, using a slightly different version on an OEM computer

Purchasing a new Setup disc and key to affix to the case, is the best option
By the way, regarding his discovered key, what are the first 5 alphanumeric characters on it? I ask this only because there are a few, shall we say, known keys.

oh i dont remember, i already gave the laptop back to him, told him to buy the english XP, probably wont do it but well see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom