Language Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synister03

Solid State Member
Ok I'm an IT major so I'm not a complete newb. But I have a problem some of my windows are in some funky looking language and I can't figure out how to change it. It was in english then my 2 yr old son got a hold on the keyboard for a min. Next thing I know the screen is blue and loading a bunch of files. I mean for christ's sake my son is making me look bad. I haven't come across a problem I couldn't fix yet (until now). And my family and friends thinks it's hilarious that a 2 yr old has me stuck. I already tried the language bar it say english. Regional Languages is English in the control panel. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance
Synister03

HAve you gone into the Control Panel and set yoru preference back to English?? That is where you change the language from in XP. Unless he changed the keyborad properties to a different type set.

I am sure that many of us have not come across a 2 year old mesing with our PC's. The majority of people on this site are under 18. There are some older people like myself but again i dont let my children mess with my PC. They have their own for that.

Children at his age are like parrots and mimes they want to do any and everything that you do. he has his own pc (one of my dummy test pc's) My settings in the Regional and Language Options are set to English. Is there anywhere else I could change language settings. It's like half my Pc is in Englih and half isn't for example if I press start the my computer icon is in symbols as well as the start button itself, all programs, everything in the most use apps part. An everything in the my documents, my computer part as well the 2 sections at the bottom are in english. I've never seen anything like it. Anymore help would be appreciated. Thanks
O and I'm 22 so not that far away from 18.

Well check the keyboard settings. Check the Clock display. I didnt mean for that to be offensive. I am just saying that many people are 18 do not have children to mess with their PC's. Mine tries. So i do understand your situation. I just have not been faced with it.

If you could take a screenshot and get it posted it would be of great assistance so that i can possible try to narrow down which part of the GUI were affected.

No offense was taken I'll get those screen shots posted shortly. Thank you very much for your help.

It is my pleasure. Hopefully we can figure this out. If not you can always try a repair install of XP as well.

startmfm9.jpg

controlpanelvw3.jpg

If you need any more just say so.

In all honesty i can not think of what happened. Did you try a repair install of XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom