LAN is slowing down, drastically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
Hey all, I recently created a thread for almost the same reason but closed it due to inactivity. So here I am again with a similar problem.

My internet basically just gave out on me about a week ago, and with PP McGuire's help i was able to restore it, though now it works when it wants and when it doesn't work I have to physically unplug the cable from the router and plug it back in to the same port (which is the only port that will work BTW). Even when it's working the internet crawls, like dial-up crawl, it takes almost 10 seconds just to load the Bing homepage and Youtube videos play at 144p and will still buffer. This is only MY LAN, the other computer works just fine and so does all my wireless devices. Is there some sort of test I can run to give some information? I know I can run a CMD netstat but I have no clue what any of that means. Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that I'm unaware of that could hinder my speeds? Thanks if anyone can help.

Oh and I ran virus scan/MBAM scan for both drives and I did have some malware but removing them didn't fix the problem and the virus scan turned up some Adware and a few cookies, but nothing that resolved the problem either.

Your thread didn't close. It's still open... since you already have a thread with posts in it, I'm going to lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom