Keyboard and mouse not working at lock screen

JaxzTheGinger

Beta member
Ok, so I've been having this issue for about a week now where my keyboard and mouse won't work once I reach the Windows 10 lockscreen. They work just fine in the BIOS, but beyond that, not so much as an LED works on either one. They also work in the Windows recovery menu, for some strange reason. I've tried a different mouse, just to see if maybe it wasn't just my stuff, but the issue still persisted.

I've tried every sort of trouble shooting you can imagine. Played around with all the USB settings in the BIOS several times, and still nothing. Tried different USB ports and such, to no avail. I've reset the BIOS. I've tried restoring to a previous version of Windows, I've tried various advanced Windows recovery options, and still nothing.

I am NOT able to get a PS2 mouse and keyboard or an adapter at the moment, so that is out of the question. And, obviously, I'm unable to access my windows options to update anything, as my peripherals aren't working.

Oddly enough, my other USB devices are working, like my WiFi adapter, and my wired controller. It is JUST my keyboard and mouse that don't work.

Any solution anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried booting into safe mode, Maybe there is some thing that got installed that are disabling them

I've tried a couple of times now, and it either isn't booting into safe mode properly, or it just isn't fixing the problem once in safe mode. I'll try again though, just in case

Have you tried booting into safe mode, Maybe there is some thing that got installed that are disabling them
Ok, just tried again. It looped back around to Windows recovery, and gave me an error message saying it could repair windows. This whole thing is unlike anything I've dealt with before

Back
Top Bottom