Keyboard Locks after XP 6 Disk Setup - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Keyboard Locks after XP 6 Disk Setup

Hopefully someone can help me.

My home PC seems to be dieing on me, and I need some help. I've been through various rounds of deleting things/processes regedits etc to fix my Win2k Pro computer, virus checked, done what I can to remove annoying Gator popups etc, however, have now given up and decided to re-install my OS, instead of Win2k this time opting for XP Home. Here is my problem.

After installing the 6 boot disks (CD-ROM is not boot enabled) machine goes through all 6 disks to the point where it says, to install XP hit enter, to repair click R....etc. Problem is, my PC keyboard locks at this point. [My theory is the UK keyboard driver is not preent on the 6 boot disks?] and hence once it's loaded all the drivers, the keyboard no longer wants to know?

Has anyone got any other theories/experience of this problem.

Sasquatch [Don't ask ]

Old 10-03-2003, 04:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks for your help, my keyboard is a pretty generic 102 Key PS/2 keyboard. I've got another IBM PS/2 keyboard at home, I'll try that one as my next atttempt, failing that will maybe try and borrow a USB one if I can and have a go with that. The bootdisks, I downloaded them from Microsoft....

Closed Thread