Keep freezing, Driver stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okitasoshi

In Runtime
Hey guys, for a while now I've been getting annoying random restarts, and I didn't know what they were, I just RMA'd my hard drive, got a new one, and installed a fresh copy of windows just yesterday, haven't installed many programs besides for AVG, spybot, Nero, and DoW soulstorm. Yet for some reason I'm still getting random restarts.

What will happen is I'll just log on my computer and then after 5-10 sometimes even longer (one time it took 6 hours) but it's inevitable that it'll freeze. Then when I try and restart it doesn't go past the bios screen, then when I try and turn it off and turn it back on, it gets to the Windows start screen but freezes soon after.

The few times I've gotten into windows after the restart, windows support says a driver stop. I only installed internet approved drivers from MSI.

my specs are a MSI K8N Neo-2 Platinum (blast from the past eh?)
3700+ San diego core
PNY 6800GT
WD 74GB Raptor
OCZ 1GB DDR400 RAM.

I'm curious as to what to do now, is it really a driver stop or could it be something else? if it's a driver stop I guess I'll have to rollback all my drivers and only install VGA and Internet and Audio drivers...anywho lemme know what to do, will a HiJack this log help?

hijackthis doesn't seem to be needed now...

obtain the latest "chipset drivers" for this motherboard
obtain the latest aux drivers for all other devices....

uninstall all devices....reboot

install updated chipset drivers (reboot if needed)
then install the aux drivers

may also need a bios update for mobo if available

hijackthis doesn't seem to be needed now...

obtain the latest "chipset drivers" for this motherboard
obtain the latest aux drivers for all other devices....

uninstall all devices....reboot

install updated chipset drivers (reboot if needed)
then install the aux drivers

may also need a bios update for mobo if available

I updated my motherboard with the latest bios when i got these problems, that didn't fix it. I also got the latest chipset driver as well.

I'll try the memtest, that was going to be my next logical step, as I have all the latest drivers for my mobo and aux drivers.

I'll let you guys know how that goes.

That is a Registry Error. So it could be related to some drivers you have installed. Have you installed your chipset drivers or anything like that?

That is a Registry Error. So it could be related to some drivers you have installed. Have you installed your chipset drivers or anything like that?

Yes I installed chipset drivers yesterday. I can't format my HDD now as I keep getting the error, any way around this?

And I used MSI live update to install all my drivers besides my Internet ones, pretty handy tool...but I guess not lol.

To get around the error use GParted Live CD or ERD Commander or something like that to format the drive and then install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom