Just a simple Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoopy

Beta member
Hello,

New user here and I'd like to thank all here for a thread that really helped me out big time tonight. This one right here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-vista-keyboard-mouse-stopped-working-169232/

I'd purchased a Kensington "PilotBoard" wireless keyboard and Mouse setup for my son's PC which is running Vista Home Premium. As I'm on XP still, I didn't look to see the Vista compatability logo. Well long story short is, it ain't. The Keyboard and Mouse did work once the system auto-installed the USB drivers for them but when he put in the CD to enable the extended features, BANG. Nothing worked, and more shockingly, the old keyboard and mouse when re-connected also didn't work either...YOW!

Makes reverting to a restore point or any other maintenance efforts pretty tough to do!

Anyway the thread pointed out above had all the info, thank you very much. And more importantly, the thread lacks a proper resolution to the problem (did it fix the original problem or not?). I would just like to say that was indeed the fix (make the Vista repair boot CD, set back to a restore point). Along the way, getting a bit torrent dowloader and an ISO burning utility to get all that done was painless thanks to the info here.

Bravo Zulu for a job well done and thanks again!

Glad that the topic helped. We can answer if it fixed the problem for the other user. As they never responded back.

But glad that the info there helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom