just a reminder for LCD users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
First of all, should this be hardware because it's for LCD screens, or software because what i say involves software?

I had my Viewsonic LCD vp171s hooked up through a DVI cable since i owned it, that's until the cable seemed to have a short. Now, when it was hooked up with DVI, i upped the refresh rate to something like 80Hz cause it could handle it smoothly and i heard that higher is beter.

When i finally switched the DVI cable to a VGA cable, the viewable screen had shifted so half the screen was not viewable on the right side, and you could only see half the screen, left side. Like the screen had shifted to the right half a screen. Anyways, i thought this might be fixed by nVidia desktop, i decided to manually move the screen back from nVidia desktop settings, it would only move so far! i still couldn't see a fifth of my screen! now, just outta luck, i played with the refresh rates, and brought it back down to 70Hz and that fixed everything.

Now, when you have DVI, you can move the refesh rate up, but when going to VGA, you have to bring it back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom