just reformatted laptop with windows xp and now svc pack 2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankduke5

Baseband Member
i just reformatted my laptop put XP on it and it did a bunch of updates already, but now when it goes to do the Service Pack 2 update, it just sits there for hours and says checking product key the whole time...it does a litle bit of the package then sits there the whole time on chceking key looking to updpate the svc pack but it doesnt

how do i get service pack 2 on my laptop...without this i cant put itunes or microsfot office on...

you Can Try To Download It Manaully And Install It

download Details: Windows Xp Service Pack 2 For It Professionals And Developers

If You Have An Illegal Key This Might Be A Problem For You But Then Again You Might Have A Different Problem. Try This Out

Hey Thanks For The Help

I Tried To Do This Again And It Still Gets Stuck On The Checking Product Key.........this Is A Valid Code When I Reformatted That I Put In This Product Key It Was The Key On The Bottom Of The Laptop

How Can I Fix This? Any Other Ideas"?

Thanks So Much

i did activate windows and it went fine..

it did a bunch of other updates...already but this one is stuck for some reason....

what can i do now?

Try going to windows website and download something. It will want to validate windows. Do it and see what happens. Let me know

Try going to windows website and download something. It will want to validate windows. Do it and see what happens. Let me know

I validated windows when i re-installed the operating system...

when i go to windows update site it does the same thing as it does when i install the software from downloading service pack 2 from microsoft.

There is many issues right now with the validation servers. They had a server go down last week and they have not gotten it fixed. Till they do you wont be able to get past the validation part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom