Just lost loads of Microsoft Word data - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Just lost loads of Microsoft Word data

I accidentally overwrote a big important file which I regularly modify(not finished) with another small unimportant file. Ive lost the data obviously. Now I want to retrieve it but i reccently ran BCWipe and i am afraid i wont be able to. I tried find files to find a automatically created file by Word, no luck. Now my only hope is preventing it from happening in the future which is painful because it was a very large amount of work.

Is there some program which I can use, which automatically saves a backup of a file to a different location when Im using it? I searched for it but couldnt put it into words.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'm sure there are software's out there but I would manually do it. Make a folder and save a copy of the file to it evertime you make big changes to the file. You'll have lots of copies to fall back on. I usually delete the copies when I'm totally done with the project I'm working on. Make copies at least every half hour

Old 09-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yeah but I do this a lot its a kind of job, saving a copy every half hour is kind of irritating selecting the folder and going out of it.
Closed Thread