Just installed Win7 and I have 2 more questions - help appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I successfully installed Windows 7 :)

But the strange thing is, my hard-discs/partitions got re-named/different letters:
My storage drive used to be Drive E and my 2nd partition of my other drive (the one that does not contain the OS) used to be D. This made a lot of sense to me.
But now all of a sudden these got swapped around.
So the 2nd partiton of my one hard disc on now E and the big storage drive is D.
This confuses me and I was wondering why Windows 7 did that? Can I change this back?

And then another thing: at the end of the installation where permanent settings are made I got a message saying my PC is connected to a network and I had to choos what kind of network it is.
I did not really know so I chose 'Home network' .
The only thing my PC is connected to is our router that connects my PC to the Internet.
Did I make a mistake by calling that a 'home network'? If yes, is there a way to change that?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Lars

You have to remember that Win7 is NOT your XP install and that the drive letter will NOT be the same. If you want them the same YOU have to reassign them. Win7 only assigned them by what it is showing in its device manager.

No you did not make a mistake. You are at "Home" are you not? Then why would it be anything but your "Home Network"? Makes sense when you think of it that way. ;)

You have to remember that Win7 is NOT your XP install and that the drive letter will NOT be the same. If you want them the same YOU have to reassign them. Win7 only assigned them by what it is showing in its device manager.

No you did not make a mistake. You are at "Home" are you not? Then why would it be anything but your "Home Network"? Makes sense when you think of it that way. ;)

Thanks ! :)

Makes sense, yes!

I changed the drive letter in the disc manager, I hope that will not cause any problems down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom