Just installed Vista, very good but 2 issues please help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Just installed Vista, very good but 2 issues please help!

Right ive installed vista today(basic) initially very happy with how it looks/runs on my system but i need some help.

I have got a normal cheap Labtech webcam, using the normal cd that came with it didnt work(i assume because it says 2000/me/xp on it?) so i went to labtechs website and got some vista software for it, installed that and restarted the pc and it doesnt seem to see the camera when i try and start it in WLM etc, just says check the cam is connected, but it makes a noise when plugging the cam into the usb slot.

Someone else must have had this problem?

Trying to get my X-fi xtreme audio sound card working properly aswell, ive got sound but its like the creative control panel doesnt think my card is installed because theres nothing on there and i cant adjust volume on it etc.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Just installed Vista, very good but 2 issues please help!

Okay the webcam issue. First insert your disc. Do not use the sutorun. Open Computer and explore the CD. (Right Click and choose the explore option) From there right click on the setup.exe file and choose properties. From there click on teh compatability tab. Check the box to isntall this in XP SP2 mode. Then click okay. Now again right click on the setup.exe and choose "Run as Administrator" option. Let it run. Then restart and see if that helped any.

As for your sound card did you use these drivers supplied on the creative site...
Customer Support: Downloads

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: Just installed Vista, very good but 2 issues please help!

Thanks for the reply......
I did what you said above with regards to the webcam but halfway through installing the software off the cd it stopped saying error(i cant remember what) but i just clicked on "ignore" and then shortly after that it said windows needs to restart for the "windows xp1 sp1 update" to take effect, so i restarted and when it came back on it said that the software had closed down? no idea whats going on here, i just want to know if my cams going to work with vista or not, if i have to then ill buy a new cam but i dont want to buy another to find that doesnt work either!

About the sound, i downloaded that link above, installed and restarted my pc but i still have no use of the creative control panel, its so frustrating as while my sound does work it doesnt sound half as good because i cant enable any of the funky options from control panel.
Closed Thread