Just installed a new HD in Vista Ultimate, but cannot "see" it

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi!

I just installed a new Maxtor 1tb harddrive in my vista ultimate computer but I cannot "see" it. Can someone help me understand how to format, partition, "See" and use my new harddrive please?

Thanks,

Freddy

Click on the Start orb > right click 'Computer' > go to 'Manage' > click on 'Disk Management' on the left-side pane > find the Unformatted drive in the lower-half of the section > Right click on it > should either be Format or Create Partition; been a while since I've done it. I think it may be Format, and then you have to create a partition.

I still cannot see or use my new 1tb hd!

Click on the Start orb > right click 'Computer' > go to 'Manage' > click on 'Disk Management' on the left-side pane > find the Unformatted drive in the lower-half of the section > Right click on it > should either be Format or Create Partition; been a while since I've done it. I think it may be Format, and then you have to create a partition.

Hey, thanks for your reply. But I still cannot seem to find out how to get this HD up and runnin'.

Well, I went into the Disk Management but all I can see is my existing drive with my OS [disk 1] and I can see another disk 0 that says dynamic and foreign with a funny little yellow exclamation mark [!].

Can anyone help me further?

How can I partition and get my Windows Ultimate to see this new 1 tb drive?

Thanks,

Freddy

Post up a screenshot of your drive management screen.

Use the prntscrn button. It is right up by the F12 button. From there use Paint and paste the image in there. Then save the file. From there use Imageshack or Photobucket to upload the image.

After that get the Img Tagged link. It will look like this.

Code:
[img]image url[/img]

Paste that in a reply and hit add reply. We will then see the image.

Cheers,
Mak

Re: I still cannot see or use my new 1tb hd!

Hey, thanks for your reply. But I still cannot seem to find out how to get this HD up and runnin'.

Well, I went into the Disk Management but all I can see is my existing drive with my OS [disk 1] and I can see another disk 0 that says dynamic and foreign with a funny little yellow exclamation mark [!].

Can anyone help me further?

How can I partition and get my Windows Ultimate to see this new 1 tb drive?

Thanks,

Freddy

Right click on it and select convert to basic disk.

Use the prntscrn button. It is right up by the F12 button. From there use Paint and paste the image in there. Then save the file. From there use Imageshack or Photobucket to upload the image.

After that get the Img Tagged link. It will look like this.

Code:
[img]image url[/img]

Paste that in a reply and hit add reply. We will then see the image.

Cheers,
Mak

Mak,

I tried to do the print screen instructions, but nothing happened. I am not sure why. I have not hooked up a printer yet to this rig.

I did try the instructions from KurrentEweser and managed to get the computer to format the new hard drive. So I think it may work.

I want to say thank you to you Mak, to KurrentEweser, and everyone on this awesome website who have done so much to help so many of us.

I will not forget you!

Have a good one!

Freddy

You don't need a printer for Print Screen to work. Just press the button after you have the window open, then open up paint (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint), and then go to Edit > Paste. Your screen should show up now. Do a File > Save As... > and save it as w/e you want, wherever you'll be able to find it (change the file type to a JPG/JPEG so the file size is smaller). Now go onto ImageShack® - Image Hosting and click on 'Browse' and then navigate to wherever you saved the file. Click 'Upload' and wait for it to finish. Once it's finished, find the link labeled 'Direct Link' and then copy/paste that into a reply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom