just downloaded xp home

Status
Not open for further replies.

spearKing23

Solid State Member
I want to reformat.. I have windows xp home downloaded.. can I put it on a virtual drive, delete everything on C:\ and run windows off the other drive?? im trying to find a way to reformat without my windows xp cd. i don't have an i386 folder. i do have a flashdrive that i might be able to put the stuff on.. could i boot from the flash drive? can i make a partition and install it on one, then delete everything on this one, then delete this whole partition while running windows on the other one? ill do whatever i have to

this is a very tricky question. first off, what file format is the winxp in? is it an exe, iso, bin...? If it's an exe, you would have to run the program direct from Windows, or you might be able to load it from DOS, but you would need a boot disk. If it's an iso, i think you would need to burn it to cd and run it from that. my only concern is if it's a hacked version, then you will experience a lot of problems later on. My suggestion would be to find a Windows XP from a Dell or something like that and boot from that cd, but make sure you use the product key that came with your computer.

the downloaded version of xp DOES have an i386 folder so i guess i am able to use it? its in a zip file with a setup.exe and a serial. could i go to DOS, delete c:\ and install from a flash drive? maybe i could test that it works first by loading it in windows? the zip is only 487 megabytes. ill see if i can borrow or find an xp but cant rely on that. thanks for writing back so quickly

We do not support illegal activities. No matter what the purpose is intended.

The only way to even remotely make this legal is if you have the same Media for the same version you have installed. Meaning you got the XP Home OEM CD for the XP Home that is installed on your PC.

Either way you can always contact the PC Manufacturer to get replacement media.

thread_closed_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom