The Joy of Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
alright, im not sure where to put this post, but im going to do it here. my computer keeps restarting on its own. when windows boots up i send an error report and it tells me that it has something to do with some drivers. (it always crashes while im playing the game Lineage 2 btw) i just got new memory about a month ago, and a new power supply a couple weeks ago. i will update my sig to reflect this. it occasionally rebooted with the old (shitty) power supply, but it seems more often now with my new antec truepower. i really dont have any idea why this is happeneing because i have taken everything down in BIOS to stock settings....the only thing i can think of is my windows needs a reinstall. let me know what you think.

i understan it as when i play a game my computer shuts down or restarts???
if that is correct u may need a more powerful PSU! i dont know much about that antec but if nothing else works then its ur psu

dont know much about antec PSUs? maybe you should. anyways, should i uninstall the video drivers and try reinstalling them? windows crash analysis thing doesnt tell me what drivers. it just gives me a general response saying some "system drivers".

uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers. now instead of only crashing during games, it crashes almost any time, although usually while dumping a difficult load like closing a game. i suspect it could be the hard drive, it is getting kinda cramped and its probably 2-3 years old...comments please?

do you have a differnt vid you could try
HD won't usually cause that, usually somthing stupid like the mouse drivers. Vid or sound are also common culprits.

it might be the sound. im using onboard AC97 audio...although i did update the audio drivers...but a sound blaster card might help the situation. (i had so many things on my mind at the last post i forgot to put sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom