Jean-Baptiste Kempf - VLC's very own Santa (Satan) Hat Nazi

J-BK: Gay or Nay?

• I Hope Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

C4Jimmy

Beta member
It's that time of year again when some of us notice a strange icon change within VLC media player. The only warning is the time of year that VLC uses as a trigger to change the original icon. They seem to be able to change the entire icon at will during this date range so the icon doesn't necessarily come from within VLC. For anyone that's had trouble finding how to disable, deactivate, or "delete" the extremely gay & festive Santa hat icon in VLC media player; now I don't truly want to point out who wears Santa Hats [Flails Right Wrist]. It's pretty obvious that one of the main developers has become disgruntled & goes against what anyone might request, sounds like someone is doing their job.

Not to poke fun at this clown but he's been begging for it for years... Look at his name on google images, now I ask you; Lady-killer? Well... You be the judge. I can get a cheap suit & wear it in public, doesn't mean that anyone will respect me anymore than they already did. Clearly not a regular "dot com guy" but instead a dot net fruitcake with an over inflated sense of self esteem.

A word of advice, quit trying to impress people & wear what you would normally wear to an event; you are clearly no one special pikey.

On another note, for someone that takes over a project & helps to develop a program with others in mind I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone could be so mindless & spend so much time fighting what others have been requesting for what it seems years.

Jeaniya... Don't come in here huffing & puffing about buying a brain or searching the forum. All your comments are always nearly identical & it seems that you have to be motivated to type or in your case dream up something. Your bullet points were obviously intended for someone more like yourself. You constantly tell everyone the same BS without giving anyone any additional information (canned responses). Besides no matter how lighthearted [Flailing Right Wrist] you may see things you've got to remember that others not only have but are also entitled to their own opinion & after all the VideoLan project is exposed to the public & not a private development. If you don't want any outside feedback or comments just shut down the forum, the VideoLan website, & run everything on your own SNOBBY SELF TITLED DOMAIN.

Might as well rename VLC to J-BK player & severe yourself from all internet based open-source communities. If you do, for a change, make sure to create a fully functional skin interface this time or at least create a contemporary skin that works for a change. That would be "cool".

Since VLC media player 1.2 beta (twoFLOWER? [FRW])
(I'll include this since he loves to be so vague about what is said.)

Tools> Preferences> Interface> Main Interface> Qt(Interface)> Uncheck "Allow automatic icon changes" & if you like you can now finally get rid of the annoying over-sized cone that displays before playback.

No matter how many pointless & utterly useless setting changes that have been added to VLC's interface, it's taken VLC's hopeless developers 16 years (even though the icon hasn't) to figure out that they can easily include an option to disable what others might consider offensive, obscene, gay, invasive, or even pushy.

Jeaniya: This is not MY primary player but instead a redundant & somewhat useless one for that certain rare occasional file that requires manipulation because the file wasn't encoded properly to begin with; much like your ancient patched up "player" that attempts to absorb every possible GNU project like a sponge. Even with the semi-functional skins, VLC has got to be the UGLIEST patched up POS "media" players since media player classic. GNU as well I might add however I'm not stating that every GNU project "got hit with an ugly stick" (or wand).

At least his drones/minions figured out a way to create a semi-functional skin-able interface to the very tattered & outdated look that is VLC media player.

If anyone is interested in a few good PRIMARY alternatives to VideoLAN Client(acronym within an acronym for greater power) "media" player please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Who would ever want to use a media player that's named VideoLan Client anyway? VLC; That sounds "cool". -J-BK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom