Java won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbw999

Beta member
Long story short: I had downloaded free trial Regcure. It came with something called "Websense" which I have learned is web filitering software. When I learned that the free trial version of Regcure only scanned but did not fix errors I uninstalled it.

fast forward...I then noticed that websites, including yahoo Mail were not loading java, and were basically strange looking and hard to use because java was not running. In researching the problem on the web, one person said that the problem could be Websense, not allowing java to load. I then remembered that Websense had been downloaded with Regcure. So I am assuming that Websense is causing my probelm with java. I reinstalled JRE 6u5 three times and it still didnt help.

When I reboot my computer, I see a Websense window flash on and off my desktop in about the blink of an eye. So even though I uninstalled Regcure, I cannot get rid of Websense. I tried to find it by searching files on my hardrive, or looking at the startup programs using Msconfig. Nothing shows up. There are 2 blank lines in my MsConfig and Im wondering if this is Websense running in stealth on my computer. Can someone help me get rid of this freaking program that I never wanted in the first place?? Thanks for any help!

Get Revo Uninstaller. That should get rid of it. Is it under Add/Remove programs in the control panel? That would get rid of it also. but Revo is much better as it will get rid of the Registry entries as well.

Get Revo Uninstaller. That should get rid of it. Is it under Add/Remove programs in the control panel? That would get rid of it also. but Revo is much better as it will get rid of the Registry entries as well.

There is nothing in Add or Remove Programs. I have a feeling that because it is meant to be software that restricts other people's use of the Internet, it is meant by the manufacturer of the program to be hidden, and I cannot locate it. Ill check that uninstaller you mentioned too. Thanks.

Well Revo can not uninstall it then you will have to try Osiris's guide to spyware removal.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-165828/

Post a hijack this log in the Analyze area.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/

That is the best bet. Have you tried to use a Restore point?

Yep tried restore points; no help.. I think Im just going to reinstall my OS from scratch to all the factory settings. A pain to reinstall other programs but its all I can do at this point. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom