Java Question - XP works, 7 does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait i am fully confused by your last post.

Jayce said:
Once the user clicks on gradebook, the downloads window comes up with the newly downloaded file. Then the user double clicks that file, and bam - gradebook opens up.

So they download the file to their PC and execute it from there? I mean if a download Window comes up then they should have the option to Run, Save or Cancel. Cant they just Save the file and then from their PC right click and Run as Admin? I mean that is how the download process works right?

There has to be something i am missing. Cause from what i just read i see no reason why they cant just do that. There has to be something more to it. Like he browser is acting like a FTP or they are using ftp://www.website.com as the address typed in. I just dont understand how they can download the file at home, modify it and have it be the same at school without it acting like a ftp instead of a download.

Wait i am fully confused by your last post.

So they download the file to their PC and execute it from there? I mean if a download Window comes up then they should have the option to Run, Save or Cancel. Cant they just Save the file and then from their PC right click and Run as Admin? I mean that is how the download process works right?

There has to be something i am missing. Cause from what i just read i see no reason why they cant just do that. There has to be something more to it. Like he browser is acting like a FTP or they are using ftp://www.website.com as the address typed in. I just dont understand how they can download the file at home, modify it and have it be the same at school without it acting like a ftp instead of a download.

That was the first thing I tried - but when he locates the file, there is no run as administrator option. It sent me through a loop as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom