Java Problem. Please help guys.

luke127

The Ghost
Hi guys I need a little help. I have a 64 bit windows 7 home premium OS. Now I had a 32 bit java installation so I realised and downloaded the 64 bit for my 64 bit OS. Now I uninstalled the 32 bit Java and now my minecraft.exe won't work. It gives me this error:

No JVM could be found on your system.
please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME
to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from java.com: Java + You.

Now I don't know why t won't work. I have googled and googled and I can't seem to find something that will fix this!! I need help!

I have re installed the 32 bit version until someone here can find a fix. Then I will un install and use the fix.

Thanks

You still need to keep the 32bit. I have both 32bit and 64bit on my system; only reason I have the 64bit one is because I use Android Debugging Bridge (even then, that's the JDK, not regular Java plugin).

Not everything works with 64bit Java; some stuff is only designed for the 32bit Java platform still.

Okay. Is there any way to set the 64 bit as the default for minecraft? Because other people running minecraft are using 64 bit and are fine. So keep the 64 for mainly things that can handle it?

You're probably not going to get any better performance by using the 64bit vs 32bit, so why mess with it?

You still need to keep the 32bit. I have both 32bit and 64bit on my system; only reason I have the 64bit one is because I use Android Debugging Bridge (even then, that's the JDK, not regular Java plugin).

Not everything works with 64bit Java; some stuff is only designed for the 32bit Java platform still.
I only ever have 64-bit Java installed, done that for at least a year with no issues. Though I think the only thing I really use it for is Minecraft.

Yeah I was hoping to use it for minecraft but it keeps registering to the 32 and when I un install the 32 bit I can't play minecraft. Is there anyway I can set the 64 bit java as my default.

@Carnage so I can get better performance from minecraft.

Yeah I was hoping to use it for minecraft but it keeps registering to the 32 and when I un install the 32 bit I can't play minecraft. Is there anyway I can set the 64 bit java as my default.

@Carnage so I can get better performance from minecraft.

Try uninstalling both versions, and then install only the 64bit and see if you can get it to load up.

IMO, I don't really think you'll get any better performance from MC using 64 vs 32 bit Java... You need a good amount of RAM, as well as a decent GPU/CPU to play it on high.

Well would an AMD A6 Vision and a quad core processor with dual graphics cover it?? Because I am not sure what GPU is but CPU I know.

GPU = Graphical Processing Unit AKA Video Card. I highly doubt a built in AMD Video Chip is gonna count.

If you're looking to get better performance out of Minecraft, try a mod called "OptiFine", a lot of users see a huge FPS boost (200% in some cases)

Back
Top Bottom