JAVA IS NOT WORKING AND NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several times, but JAVA is not even in the add or remove programs anymore.
So i can't even uninstall it, it's just a file that's unable to open

Are you running pogo with internet explorer or Firefox?

If using IE, try Firefox. Enable java through browser.

If you're not a local admin on the machine you won't be able to use java if it's been disabled through Group Policy or local policy settings... just an fyi

I have IE AND FIREFOX... JAVA IS UNABLE TO WORK ON BOTH

I AM THE ADMINISTATOR.
i'm sure java is not restricted on my computer, but if it is how to you get to group policy settings?

if you're in the admin group then don't worry about policies.

Here's another quick test to tell us where the problem is.

Create a new account on the machine (that is an Administrator)
Logout out of the current administrator profile.
Login to the new profile.
Try pogo

Report back

Edit:
Just read your first post again.

The tech that removed "viruses" could have removed "common files" while getting the viruses off...
This could be causing all of your current issues. If you can... wipe the drive and start over...

If you can't wipe.... Install Ccleaner, run the application and registry cleaners...

Pay attention to what it lists in regards to both office files and Java files (they will be labeled)

If you wish to "clean" the machine via Ccleaner, PLEASE BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY (so you don't blame me)

I already downloaded cc cleaner previously and it did NOT work.
I cannot wipe my entire computer just because I can't get java to work right,
it just doesn't seem like a sensible solution

I will try the alternate profile, and currently JAVARa is not removing the necessary files of java that I need it to.

i tried the alternate profile.. java was still the same and NOT working
I can uninstall it and I know how to properly... but the JAVA FILES still remain intact
which is where my problem is occuring... i can't delete the java files in my program files
and this is where the problem occurs, so when I try installing it again it says that there already is java installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom