Java not installing on Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTallOne

Solid State Member
I have Java 5 Version 10 installed on my Windows XP Home Edition computer however the two browsers I'm using (Firefox 2.0.0.1 and IE7) are not picking up the plugins.

It doesn't appear in FF about:plugins and I've tried the test on javatester.org and on Sun's Java site. Java based programmes (such as Azureus) work fine. All I have is Java 5 V10 - I have removed all the other versions.

I have tried removing all Java versions then installing version 10 but it still isn't being pick up by the browsers. When I type in 'java -version' in Cmd Prompt, it's not recognised as a command, etc.

Thanks in advance.

go to manage addons and see if its in there, try updating it, disable it and reable it, etc. So if you go to a jave based website, you cant view anything?

In IE7 the following occurs:

It says 'Java Plugin 1.5.0_10 is not installed properly' on Java games site 'flyordie.com'. After clicking OK twice, it says 'Applet(s) in this HTML page require a different version of java different from the one the browser is currently using. In order to run the applet(s) in this HTML page, a new browser session is required. Close all the netscape browser sessions and start a new browser session to run the HTML page'

I was running Firefox at the same time. Could there be a conflict?

(Java versions now appears when i type 'java -version' in cmd.)

SSV Helper Class is enabled in IE7 and 'is currently loaded'
Both JRE 5 V10 and Java Plugin 1.5.0_10 are enabled.

In firefox, nothing happens when I go to a java site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom