java ClassNotFoundException

Maes5

Beta member
Hi,

I've had this java problem for a while.
The only java that works on my comp is 6 u32 (32bit). Anything above has ClassNotFoundException problem and nothing works in browsers.

I have the latest plug ins, javas and browsers, windows environment variables all set up properly (java_home, path, classpath). I lost hope trying different things. And it's like I'm the only non developer on the internet who has this problem (google was useless).

Anyone got advice?

Vista 64
Firefox 15 (with plugins: Java(TM) Platform SE 7 u7 10.7.2.10, JDT 7.0.70.10 10.7.2.10)
Chrome 21
IE9
Java 7 u7

Did you install Java 7 on your system? I'm confused as your browsers are on the latest Java, but your system is not.

Yes I have JRE 7 u7 installed on the system, otherwise firefox wouldn't have those plugins as they seem to come in a package with JRE.
My guess is I'm missing something that only java 6 u32 or bellow has, maybe some dll.

If you upgrade to Java 7, your dll's would be overwritten. You can uninstall Java 6 after you upgrade. I personally installed only Java7 on this system when I had to reformat a few months ago.

Maybe it's my inexperience but I thought the only java that should work is the one the system variables point to, which brings another mystery.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05
Java 6 u32 works only if I install it in that static folder that holds this strange file jre1.6.0_05\lib\ext\QTJava.zip.

Maybe some unknown system variable is still pointing to it (besides JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH, and PATH). But this is the "law" my computer imposes on me. :SeriouslyChan:
So I have only 1 java installed in that folder at a time.

Just to clarify, you are suggesting that I upgrade from 6 to 7 without leaving that folder, right?
Is there a difference between (manually deleting 6 and installing 7) and (upgrading from 6 to 7)? If there is a difference then it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom