I've got one for ya!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
Okay....somehow, somewhere BF2 jacked my PC up last night. It was working fine. I reset the resolution to something that my monitor couldn't handle because I got a "out of frequency" error on the monitor. I had to hit the reset button on my case to get out of it. BF2 didn't work from there out. So I did a reinstall. When it rebooted after the reinstall it would get to the WinXP load screen, flash a blue screen (so fast I couln't read it) then reboot. I tried booting in safe mode and it would get to a point where it would load vax(yadayada).sys file, sit there for 5 secs or so then reboot. So I thought "ah man...reformat/install" So I put in the disc and windows wanted to load the OS on my non-bootable hard drive, not my bootable RAID drives.

Long story short...I was able to boot in safe mode by cancelling the loading of that .sys file and did a restore. It works now, but BF2 does not. It loads the splash screen and it then crashes to desktop. Any ideas what is up? Both about BF2 but also why it (Windows) would want to install on a non-bootable drive? thanks

As far as BF2 not working if you are using a nVidia video card they have known issues with the drivers and the game. Windows will install anywhere you tell it to it dont care if it is bootable or not it just wants space. BF2 might need to be uninstalled and reinstalled since it obiviously ahd some kinda error and is not functioning correctly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom