Itunes won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhcp

Banned
This happened to be right after I switched cases (I think it's just a coincidence). Itunes.exe is running, but the actual window won't reveal itself. Yes I have run AV, yes I have re-installed itunes.

So it shows in the processes but not under Applications?

Have you tried to Alt+Tab to it? Does it show then?

Alright have your tried Revo Uninstaller to remove iTunes and then reinstall it? Maybe remove iTunes and run CCleaner? Then reinstall it.

Does iTunes install with a special profile folder? Have you checked the Apple forums?

I mean does it have a App Data folder?

In XP it would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Usernamehere>\App Data\iTunes

In Vista it would be:

C:\Users\<usernamehere>\Roaming\iTunes (More than likely Roaming but could be in Local or Local Low as well)

To see these folders you would have to have Hidden files showing. If you need instructions on that jsut let me know.

Special profile folder? If by that you mean like C:\Customname, then no just C:\Program Files\iTunes\

I KNOW WHAT I'LL DO! I'll try to install it on my unused U:\ drive

I mean does it have a App Data folder?

In XP it would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Usernamehere>\App Data\iTunes

In Vista it would be:

C:\Users\<usernamehere>\Roaming\iTunes (More than likely Roaming but could be in Local or Local Low as well)

To see these folders you would have to have Hidden files showing. If you need instructions on that jsut let me know.

You see, my windows installation is a**f***ed, you can't find the folder options menu, so no hidden files :(

Can try that or if iTunes gives you the option you can try to jsut install it to C:\iTunes instead of under the Program Files.

Sorry if some of this seems a bit odd. I dont use iTunes at all so i am kinda winging it to get my bearing on this app.

Not even if you hit Alt+F to bring up the Menu Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom