itunes and ipod dont see each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an external hard drive you can just copy the My Music\iTunes folder. Then delete everything completely. Then re-install. Then put the folder back in my music. It won't affect your collection in a negative way at all. Even your play counts and ratings will be saved.

If you have an external hard drive you can just copy the My Music\iTunes folder. Then delete everything completely. Then re-install. Then put the folder back in my music. It won't affect your collection in a negative way at all. Even your play counts and ratings will be saved.

back all your data up. something is corrupt with your windows

I think saying that "windows is corrupt" is a bit to far.

I store my music on a seperate physical hard drive to where iTunes and Windows is stored. So i should (?) be safe to uninsallt iTunes and completey erase it from Windows?

I think saying that "windows is corrupt" is a bit to far.

I store my music on a seperate physical hard drive to where iTunes and Windows is stored. So i should (?) be safe to uninsallt iTunes and completey erase it from Windows?

I didn't say windows was corrupt. I said something was corrupt in windows

Finally fixed it!!

I had to uninstall ALL apple products. Cleared out the regsitry, and deleted any Apple related files, apart from my songs.

I then installed an earlier version of iTunes (7.0).

I then copied my songs back iTunes, unfortunalty it has duplicated all 3000 songs. So i have to go through the libary and delete 3000 songs...YAY!

BUT iTunes picks up my ipod now! wooo...

It duplicated all of the songs? Well, in order to sort out the older from the newer (if you still can) just delete the older ones ... sort by Date Added.

View -> View Options -> Check Date Added

Then, after it adds the date added field... just sort by it. delete all of the songs that it added today :)

Yeah, unfortunatly because i had to readd everything to the libary - they all say added date was today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom