itunes and ipod dont see each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
Hello,

I have an ipod touch which upuntil recently worked fine with my Win XP machine.

However now when i plug it in, i get the Windows message asking me to get pictures off it. (It never came up with that before - I would attach to this post, but it won't accept JPEG's or BMP - I uploaded it to my webspace as per link below.)

http://www.wosixe.com/ipod.bmp

I have tried multiple differnt USB ports, different cables, uninstalling itunes etc.

Stil doesn't see it in itunes.

However, if i connect the ipod to my sony vaio (Vista) laptop, it sees it just fine.

Any ideas?

Nope, it has just been connected to my radio in my car.

Plus, it works in my laptop anyway.

Do you have anything that you need on it? Like... music? LOL
You could always factory reset it :)
Just a thought... but thought that I would throw that out there as an option and ask if you had stuff on it that wasn't backed up.
The factory reset works just like an iphone.

Plug it into your computer (the one that it IS NOT working in) hold the top and home buttons in until he apple logo appears and then release the top button
keep the home button held in until the apple logo disappears (the computer should recognize it by now)

Yeah, I did that, and it the computer saw it as a Apple Ipod in recovery mode - but it couldnt install the drivers for it?

Nothing happen in iTunes ether

Hmm.. it makes no sense at all that your OS sees it and iTunes does not... One thing I can think of is that possibly the ipod service isn't running in the background.. But I don't see how that could be since you said that you re-installed itunes.. When you reinstalled Itunes did you make sure that all the files relating to it were deleted?

Ipod service is running (Have restarted it as well)

I was a bit wary about deleting EVERYTHING to do with iTunes, because i wasnt sure how that would effect my music collection.

I have all the music stored in folders with in the iTunes music folder..

Just to be absolutely certain.. make sure that iTunes is closed prior to getting the iPod in recovery boot mode. After windows recognizes it in this mode then load iTunes again.

Nope, computer knows that it is an ipod in recovery mode - but can't find the drivers to install it.

Also, iTunes does not see the recovery mode.

However, if i do this in the computer that does work. It find it ok etc. And is aware that it is in recovery mode.

What about using a different USB port? You've probably tried that, but using a different port will force top layered apps to install the device connected again.
There is also a service that perhaps isn't started correctly. goto start -> run -> services.msc / Enter -> right click on the Apple Mobile Services option and stop it... then start it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom