iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aziska1

Beta member
I am an avid music junkie and i need help figureing out why my iTunes is messing up... I start the program and it loads and after i choose a song to play it decides to use up all of my memory and begins to skip like a scratched CD. My computer has a Gig of memory and shouldn't have much of a problem running iTunes should it? I have re-installed it and have ran spyware killing/adware killing programs, a disk defrag, a disk clean up. My tech-y friend is trying to help me but we're running out of ideas. I'd appriciate any help possible. Thanks

The only thing i can say. Use WMP11 with Urge. I was never a iTunes fan. It has caused me more problems than good. But since i have over 50GB of music i have plenty.

In all honesty if you have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and that didnt solve it then there is something wrong. It could be a corrupted download or something. I dont know for sure. but it should not cause a Memory Spike.

Maybe try a different version and see if that helps?

stear clear of itunes! - is it sucking virtual memory? and is you cpu increasing?

tkey said:
stear clear of itunes! - is it sucking virtual memory? and is you cpu increasing?

ok well this is ziska's roomate and i'm pretty computer savvy (200 posts here) but i don't know what's wrong w/ it.

i've defragged it, cleaned registry, d/l spybot, adaware and ran both, and also ccleaner. all only showed sligh improvedment.

i've also cleaned up his list of startup programs...etc. i've done all i know to speed this up.

here's his specs:

Dell 6000
1.6 Ghz Pentium M
2x512mb ram @ C4L
80Gb HD w/ 16mb cache

anything else and i can put it up too. i just don't think anything else should matter.

his computer is runny slower than i'd expect it to. and btw he's only using 1/3 of his HD space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom