Its Safe to turn Off your Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
XP Home
When I shut down my computer it shuts down all the way to the screen that says Its Safe To Turn Off Your Computer. Then I have to push the power button to turn off the power. On my other two computers I just shut down and it does not display that screen it just automaticly turns all off.
How can I change this on that computer, I like to click Shut Down and then just walk away.
Thanks...................................

When Windows XP won’t powerdown automatically, the APM/NT Legacy Power Node may not be enabled. To enable this, right-click on the My Computer icon, click Properties | Hardware | Device Manager | View. Check the box labeled “Show Hidden Devices.” If it’s available on your computer, there will be a red X on the APM/NT Legacy Node. Try enabling it and see if this resolves the powerdown problem . Or, to check the other side of the APM/ACPI coin, open the Power Options applet in Control Panel. If there is an APM tab, make sure the “Enable Advanced Power Management Support” box is checked.

This should resolve the powerdown issue in most cases.

Sooooo......press the power button and don't worry about it.....you're good to go without doing anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom