Issues on Windows System (BS, freezes, etc)

corsair0801

Beta member
Hi,

I have recently finished building my new Pc and am now encountering multiple issues.

1. The PC frequently freezes on a random pattern. The freezes usually last for several seconds (sometimes up to more than 30 seconds)and appear every 5min-2h.
During the hangs I am unable to perform any actions like opening a program, switching between open programs or opening the task manager. However I can still move my cursor around and for example switch between open tabs in chrome.

I've noticed that whenever a hang occurs there is a warning in my Eventlog saying that \Device\RaidPort0 was reset (source: iaStorA, ID 129).

2. I've got two SSDs and one HDD installed. The primary SSD with the OS is always showing up in Windows and Bios as is the HDD. The 2nd SSD (OCz) however only sometimes appears in Windows but is always shown in BIOS.

3. Sometimes when I boot my computer I am stuck in the Gigabyte loading screen for more than half a minute until Windows loads. Sometimes it's just under 10 seconds.

4. I've experienced several blue screens, with the following ID
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8013041B30
BCP3: FFFFFA8013041E10
BCP4: FFFFF800027D17B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I've put all these issues in one post because I suspect a connection between them. However I haven't found one yet, nor a solution to any of the problems. I've
tried switching to High Perfomance Mode in Windows, checked if AHCI was enabled, reformated the OCz SSD and the HDD, made sure all SATA cables are well connected and ran Windows FixIt.

My Windows, my Bios, all my drivers and my SSD firmware are up to date. The system is stable when tested with IBT. Memtest didn't return any errors. I've performed CHKDSK on all disks without giving me any errors. The temperatures of all my components are always perfectly fine (around 28°C for my drives; around 25°C CPU idle, 40°C 50% load, 70-80°C 100% in IBT)

My system:

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
i5 4670K (not overclocked)
GA-Z87-UD3H
EVGA GTX 770
16 GB Corsair Vengeance @max 2133
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (primary SSD)
OCZ 128 GB
Seagate 1TB HDD
Bios - optimized defaults

I am really desperate at the moment and very grateful for any advice you have to offer.

Thank you

Firstly, try running a chkdsk on all your drives (one at a time). Start > type "cmd" (without quotes) > right click > Run as Admin > type in the following:

chkdsk c: /f /r

Press Enter, it will say it cannot lock the current drive, type in Y and hit enter and then reboot your computer. Let it go through the checks.

After that's done, do that for the rest of your drive letters, replacing the "c:" in the command above with the appropriate drive letter.

I'd also suggest checking the health of each drive with each manufacturers' health utilities to make sure they're not dying.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest trying to run a memtest using Memtest86+: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Burn the ISO to a disc, or make a bootable USB drive and boot off of it.

Run it for a minimum of 4 hours (the longer the better). If there's any errors at all, then you'll need to narrow the stick down that caused the issues.

Back
Top Bottom