Issues installing Win 7...

Camaro_87

Beta member
I have a 2 year old acer desktop that originally came with win 7 64-bit. I don't have any cds for this computer and I recently had to format it. A buddy of mine have me a homemade copy of win 7 64-bit. So I put the Cd in and start up the computer, win 7 installing starts to load but it gets to one point where it says "expanding windows files 0%...." and it'll just stay at 0%for almost 40 mins before a error comes up saying installation failed etc etc.. Possible cause could be corrupt files. I tried installing twice and both times I get this problem
Any ideas on what could be wrong? First I thought it was my friends copy of win 7 but he said he used it multiple times with no issues....

It's possible either the disc is bad or your optical drive is bad.

Easiest way to make sure, would be to download the ISO matching the edition of Windows you have a key for from here: Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Then put that ISO on a flash drive using Microsoft's USB tool: Microsoft Store

Boot off of the flash drive and attempt to install that way. Should be much quicker as well, since USB is faster than optical media.

It's possible either the disc is bad or your optical drive is bad.

Easiest way to make sure, would be to download the ISO matching the edition of Windows you have a key for from here: Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Then put that ISO on a flash drive using Microsoft's USB tool: Microsoft Store

Boot off of the flash drive and attempt to install that way. Should be much quicker as well, since USB is faster than optical media.

Il try that tonight. But just wondering how I would get my computer to boot of my flash drive? Or how would I get into my flash drive since there is no operating system on my computer?

I assumed you were using a computer to post this. If you're not, and you're on your phone or tablet or something, then you could have a friend download the ISO/put it on the USB drive for you.

As for booting off of the USB, you should have an option in your boot selection menu when it's plugged in. Usually pressing F12 (or whatever it may be for your model) brings up a selection menu to boot off of a specific device.

Ok great thanks. Yes I'm on my phone now but we have two computers in our house. This one in trying to get going is a spare

Should be able to use your other computer to make the bootable flash drive as well then, as long as it meets the min. req. for the USB Tool software to install (which aren't much).

Good luck.

Should be able to use your other computer to make the bootable flash drive as well then, as long as it meets the min. req. for the USB Tool software to install (which aren't much).

Good luck.

ok i did as you said and same thing.... it gets so far then says cannot continue cause files may be corrupt...

With the new ISO and even booting off of USB rather than the disc? The disc is out of the drive, correct?

Can you post the exact error message?

yes and yes. it says: windows cannot install the required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

Well, some things we can try after I did some quick googling...

I'd check your RAM first of all. If you have multiple sticks of RAM, try only running 1 stick at a time to see if you can get the install to proceed, by removing all others, and inserting into the 1st available slot.

If it works on a certain stick, but not another, you'll need to test the bad stick(s). You can do this by burning an ISO from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool onto a CD, and run it for at least 4 hours (overnight is best). If there are any errors at all, then you have a bad stick of RAM. You'll have to test each stick individually.

If the above RAM testing doesn't work, then I'd follow up with some of the suggestions in these threads:
Win 7 0x80070570 install error EASY FIX - bit-tech.net Forums
Cannot install Windows 7 on newly built PC (Error 0x80070570) - Windows 7 Help Forums

Back
Top Bottom