Issue with resolution and color quality after installing XP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan16

In Runtime
Hello,

I just did a fresh install of XP pro on a notebook. Everything went fine but when Windows started the resolution and color quality looks like this:

screen resolution 640 x 480
color quality 4

I am not able to change this!!!! Please HELP !!!!!!!!

Download your graphics drivers. They should be on the cd that should have come with the notebook. Otherwise, just google the notebook model number. You should find a site with the right drivers.

Alternatively, just post up the model number and someone will find it for you.

Thank you!!! I am downloading the file as we speak!!

Another thing :).. I formatted the PC because when I plug in any USB device it freezes and I need to reboot the PC. I figured that by formatting the PC this would go away but guess what?? you are totally right....didn't work... any ideas?

Are you sure it happens with ANY device? e.g. just making sure you've definitely tried more than one. Have you tried plugging them into different ports?

Since you did a clean install, if it happens with any device, it's probably bad hardware in your laptop. Make sure you have updated to SP3 for XP, though.

If it doesn't happen with every device, then that device is either bad, or you need drivers installed for it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom