An issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKTLN

Beta member
Hey there, Im a new member here and i was hoping to recieve some assistence;
Im having some sort of a chain reaction on my desktop computer, and so am forced to search a solution via my laptop. This matter is of concern to me as it is crucial to my work.
Am using Windows 7 (Professional edition), on 64-bits.
My PC is able to connect to the internet and ping various sites throughout cmd, however programs and applications that attempt to do connection are stumbled with problems. Some examples are Skype, Firefox browser and Internet explorer.

Now im no genius but i know there's something wrong about it. I know when the problems started, and it's about after i unistalled Avira anti-virus from my computer. It seemed to have made my computer crash and go blue-screen. After i'v reset it and turned it back on, several drivers were damaged, i recieved the following messege:

Window header: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library Library.

C:\Program files(x86)\Lexmark 2600 Series\lxdnmon.exe

abnormal program termination."

Im guessing that means some sort of damage to my drivers. After locating the internet problem i tried to try and hit "ping Yahoo! -t" on cmd to try and see if anything happens. Connection seemed stable enough to me and nothing to special. Tried to restore default values on both browsers to see if something has changed, Nothing. I decided to take a shot in the dark and hit System Restore. Problem is i had no system restore points and the problem persists. Also, I CAN connect to the internet. Just not use it. As stated before. It either goes

"http:/// " And the window says it's an invalid link,
Or it writes up the actual address but Says the casual
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

And now im clueless. Please help me locate the problem, or suggest how to deal with it, if even possible and thank you in advance. If you need anymore info, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom