Issit virus? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Issit virus?

After reformat my com, i install the window xp pro as usual. After finish, i install the symantec anti virus(internet connection is unplug). Since the anti virus required update file (as it is more than 30 days old) i had to access to the internet. After that i go to the microsoft website to update critical files for my window sp1 first. However, as soon i update the files for about 5-10 minutes, a window box pop up saying window will be shutdown in 1 minutes. Seeing that, i type the word "shutdown.exe -a" command. The pop up then dissapear as soon i type enter on the command. About 10 minutes later, the critical files was updated and i restart my com. Then when i was browsing on the microsoft website to see if there is any critical update file left, the pop up appear in front of me again.

1. Why is it that the problem occur (pop up) again when i had update all the critical files?

2. As soon the pop up occur again, i type the same command again. To be safe, i try to go to the symantec website to do some online scanning but the website cannot be display. The same goes to all the other anti virus website.

3. When i update my window files, issit that it will auto disable my anti virus? It happen to me.

Issit my computer had affected by some kind of virus? I just reformat my com less than 2 hours. Do i need to reformat my com again ?
Closed Thread