isa proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

97lt2959

In Runtime
OK, i need some help,

im doing some testing and i have microsoft isa server up and running and i have disabled acccess to 'www.bbc.co.uk' and i basically want to try and bypass my proxy server.

Problem 1: i cant change the settings in internet explorer as i have diasabled them so it cant be done that way

Problem 2: all client pcs connect to the internet via the proxy

ive heard something about tunneling, but ive read up on it and i dont really understand it. Any one got any explinations and some software that may be able to do it?

Thanks in advance

buddy you are posting in the wrong forums alltogether. most of the users here including me dont know much more than basic networking.

from what i vaguely remember in my network class tunneling is a way to set up a (virtual?) private area network through public media such as the internet. it is a cheap and secure method of networking because the data is encrypted and carried over the internet and behaves like a LAN. all you need is the right operating system. tunneling is built in feature of some windows OS i beleive.

a better place to ask is...somewhere else. maybe at the microsoft forums or here:

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=frm&s=50009562&f=469092836

good luck!

Try creating a new account somehow, and then it will let you say what you do, as a new account has to set up the Internet Connection settings.

Is there any way you can create new accounts? cause if not, then you're stuck where you are.

Nope cant access create new accounts or the dialup networking folder...im trying to mimick the envionment of my college so i can see the error messages they get etc when someone tries to get past things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom