Irritating problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Dunno exactly what's going on, but here's a description.

I keep my comp running 24/7. I realize that Windows cannot exist indefinately like that, but it should run for a week or three.

Anyway, recently (past few days) when I try to use my browser (Firefox, but the same in IE) to post replies here on TF (or some other forums I visit), when I hit Send Reply, it never goes through. The new reply screen never loads. The browser window goes blank, and it indicates that it is loading the new reply screen, but nada.I can continue to browse in other tabs, and can open other tabs, and am not hampered in my browsing.

I have let the tab where I tried to reply sit and load for up to 15 minutes, but it never did, and the reply was never posted. I don't think it is the site at all, as it does it elsewhere as well. But, I can reboot my comp and all is well, until I leave it for a few hours (go to work, or go to sleep).

I have also had a few BSoD along with this. The message goes:

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x05707D7C, 0x00000001, 0x00000001, 0xA27AF8D4) DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_EQUAL (or something)

HTTP.sys - Address A27AF8D4 base at A279E000, datestamp 41672744

Another one:

0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0x804EDDF0, 0xA7D90BD8, 0XA7D908D4)

Microsoft's site wasn't very helpful, as most everything either applied to Server 2003 or a mobile computer using a Pentium M.

I need help!!!

did you update anything in the last couple of days? Any windows updates? Have you checked the temps, after the machine sits (powered on) for those few days?

Any new programs installed? Any new Hardware installed?

Trotter said:
Anyway, recently (past few days) when I try to use my browser (Firefox, but the same in IE) to post replies here on TF (or some other forums I visit), when I hit Send Reply, it never goes through. The new reply screen never loads. The browser window goes blank, and it indicates that it is loading the new reply screen, but nada.I can continue to browse in other tabs, and can open other tabs, and am not hampered in my browsing.

The same thing has been happening to me. So perhaps it's an MS update they released. All i use is Internet Explorer, not Firefox, and to submit replies on Tech-Forums, i usually have to "double-click" on submit reply, and then it goes through, and says "do not double-post, administrator has disabled posting for 45 seconds".

This just seems odd. I run my PC 24/7 and i have not come across this issue myself. I am able to post, surf and do everything normally. Longest time i had this machine running without a restart was over a month.

So it definately has to be a driver update or something that has happened recently.

The only updates/changes were the installation of the Vista transformation pack and an update to Civ4 two weeks ago. I have uninstalled the transformation pack and restored to a point before both. I have rolled back my graphics driver as well. No Windows updates since Patch Tuesday.

Temps are 42c - 46c, so they are fine. Can't think of any new programs installed recently.

The only things running during all this was ZoneAlarm Pro, CA Antivirus, Yahoo Widgets, Folding@Home, and ObjectDock... the same things I have running all the time.

Double-clicking the Send Reply button does nada. I let it sit for an hour earlier, and it never loaded the new reply screen.

Right now I'm posting from my wife's computer. Seems that mine can't access the internet right now. It is trying to repair the connection right now. Something about an IP hasn't been assigned. It has worked fine, but when it couldn't access, I switched the ethernet cable from one socket to the other.

I dont use a firewall. I should be, but i am behind a router, and they have the hardware firewalls installed.

I have used Zone Alarm before, when i was connected independantly to the internet, and i found that it blocked all connections; my internet was useless! I find Windows Firewall to be a much better firewall.

If I can get hold of a XP Home disk... I don't know if I can use the XP Pro disk for that or not.

My comp was able to get back online before I went to work (I'm posting from there now), but Windows said it couldn't re-establish an IP address.

I may or may not get to mess with it when I get home. But I'll try to check back one way or another.

talldude123 said:
I dont use a firewall. I should be, but i am behind a router, and they have the hardware firewalls installed.

I have used Zone Alarm before, when i was connected independantly to the internet, and i found that it blocked all connections; my internet was useless! I find Windows Firewall to be a much better firewall.

WF and ZA are totally different. If you configure it correctly, you can have access to the net.

Ive used a pro disk on a home os repair and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom