Irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAGGER

Beta member
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What is this mess, I have followed microsofts links but have not had any luck. I get this when I am loading winxp right after I put in the cd key and it accepts the # then Bam blue screen of death with this warning. HELLP!!!!!!!

Sounds like an irq conflict of some sort. What you need to do is uninstall all pci cards, sound cards, modems, etc and try from there. The less devices you have, the better.

take out all the hardware that your system doesn't need to run (so everything except motherboard, CPU, video card and at least 1 RAM disk) then see if this happens again

I experienced this problem myself...

however mine was a hardware issue. I was trying to use Registered Memory, when the board only supported Unbuffered. Verify your memory type is supported by your Mobo manufacturer.

Thats all good advice heres what I have done since last.
Removed all PCI cards cept vid. One ram chip 128mb pc 133
no good. same spot same error.
Went back to win98. @ that point gave me windows protect error. Tryed new HDD same thing Flashed bios. No good Called Microsoft again same answer new mobo & prossesor?
I will probily end up doing just that but would like to know what happend . Ran good for two years then bam.
Thanks for all the ideas will try them again .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom