IRQL_NOT< or =

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello,

I recently have been getting BSOD's and don't know why. The last thing i was doing was updating zone alarm. Mid update i lost power and the laptop turned off. Since then I've been gettin the error in the title. I can't start in safe mode , because im not prompted for sign in. The icon never shows up nor does the password field. I recently tried to fix my MBR and that didn't fix the problem. My main concern is gettin data off the hard drive. Could I possibly use a utility or even windows recovery to do this?

thnx

From this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

STOP 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This STOP error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the STOP error and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this STOP error appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.

Try doing a chkdsk /r on the drive with your XP disc.

I'm gonna try that out 2morrow and hopefully ill be able to make a conclusion. If the hard drive has to be reformatted can is there anyway id be able to get data off of it pre-format?

Either hook the hard drive up into another computer as a slave drive, or use a Linux LiveCD and get the data off that way, and transfer it to another storage medium (external HDD, flash drive, CD/DVD, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom