IRQ changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Alright folks, here's what I've got.

Right now, on my PCI bus, I've got a PCMCI slot, a 10-100 NIC card, and a 56K modem running off of IRQ 10.
There are a lot of IRQ's that I'd like to take advantage of that are currently just floating around.

The prob with this is that my computer locks up after trying to mount my USB HDD via USB 2.0. Via USB 1.0, it'll mount, ask me what to do, and iron my clothes for me.

When i've tried it in linux, it'll mount the drive perfectly fine VIA the USB 2.0 I have inserted in the card slot.

Here's my disposition : I can't seem to change ANY IRQ setting on my machine, except MAYBE through Hex-Edit VIA the Registry.

ANd to be brutally honest, I've got zero knowledge of hex( well, besides colors for webpage), and I'd like to know If anyone among you could tell me how I can tear the code apart to hack it.

Granted, the card is plug and play, but even when I disable modem,10/100 NIC, and onboard USB, I still can't make it work.

Any suggestions of software that could do this for mem,though I'd prefer just a workaround (Already searched the knowledge bases @ Microsoft).

If not, a reinstall may be in order this summer. I'm going off to college anyway, so if i can't get it working by then, what the heck.

Thanks for reading my extraneously long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom