ipconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickthing

Solid State Member
when i perform ipconfig, i see the black dos window flash on the screen for a split second, then it closes. i have thoroughly scoured for viruses and such, and i'm not infected. any ideas?

duh.

and what do I type to list the ip addresses of my periphs.

That's an interesting question, I'm not sure how you would do it in windows, you could use "net view" to see shares on the local network, "ipconfig" to see your gateway.. but I don't know what you would do to see all devices on the local network. In Linux I would use fping "fping -a -g 192.168.0.0/24 2>nul".

If anyone knows a windows equivalent I'd be interested.

That's an interesting question, I'm not sure how you would do it in windows, you could use "net view" to see shares on the local network, "ipconfig" to see your gateway.. but I don't know what you would do to see all devices on the local network. In Linux I would use fping "fping -a -g 192.168.0.0/24 2>nul".

If anyone knows a windows equivalent I'd be interested.
Lol it was answered already:

ipconfig /all

or for all the commands type

help ipconfig

Lol it was answered already:

No it most certainly wasn't, ipconfig only displays settings for your computer, it does not tell you what devices are on the network... if you believe that then I guess your network consists of your computer and a router lol

No it most certainly wasn't, ipconfig only displays settings for your computer, it does not tell you what devices are on the network... if you believe that then I guess your network consists of your computer and a router lol

He's right i diddn't see the pheriphls part when i posted my answer but he seemed happy with it. I only use third party software to find ip's of all devices on network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom