Introducing Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have it downloaded. I will partition and install it either tonight or tomorrow.

Well I can say right now for those that gripe about the Start Menu, if you go to the desktop, hover over the "Start" area and right click, you get all your options as if you had the Start Menu. Love it!

That's pretty useful actually. Though it's a heck of an ugly list, needs some beautification.

KSoD:1963892 said:
Well I can say right now for those that gripe about the Start Menu, if you go to the desktop, hover over the "Start" area and right click, you get all your options as if you had the Start Menu. Love it!

How is that better than just having a start menu? I guarantee there are many users out their who will not be able to adjust to that which makes the odds of most companies adopting windows 8 about 0%

I think I will set up a vm of it but I doubt I will ever migrate to 8 so I don't want to waste time on a native install. Maybe Windows 9 will drop Metro and actually be worth upgrading to.

Yet already here we have people opening their mouth and jumping to conclusions before they even try it. Making predictions that they cant back up. *Yawn* already bored of my own thread cause it is tiring dealing with the people who are so negative and afraid of change themselves they wont give anything new a try. Just like the last topic on this subject, I'm gone. This is not worth my time or effort to talk to such people.

Yet already here we have people opening their mouth and jumping to conclusions before they even try it. Making predictions that they cant back up. *Yawn* already bored of my own thread cause it is tiring dealing with the people who are so negative and afraid of change themselves they wont give anything new a try. Just like the last topic on this subject, I'm gone. This is not worth my time or effort to talk to such people.

Aww. Don't give up just because of change haters..

I guess anyone who does not automatically accept a new Microsoft product as perfect is a hater and resistant to change now? Never mind the fact that I was an early adopter for both vista and 7 and haw been a vocal Windows fan for many years.

Anyone who has ever done IT support in a business setting will tell you that even minor changes to the way things work can cause a ton of issues for users. Thankfully most changes like from XP to vista and from vista to 7 are incremental so you only have to teach users about a few.new things after each update and everything else still works how the user expects. Windows 8 on the other hand completely removes a critical piece of the ui that has been essentially constant for more than a decade while providing no obvious way for the user to get it back. If that's the kind of change future versions of Windows will bring I guess I better get over my dislike of Apple.

Back
Top Bottom