internet stop working after long dl

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
well to be exact internet partially works but only pinging does and all the rest won't work. intrestingly this happened since i migrated to vista with a clean install and my friend is also having the same problem and the only way to fix the problem is by restarting the computer. reconnecting to the internet does not fix the problem so my only guess for the culprit is the os, vista. if anyone here have experienced this problem let's all sort it out together.

I have lots of Vista experience. But most of the time there are a few reasons for this.

1. your on a laptop and forget that closing the lid basically shuts down the PC. So when you wake again your laptop doesnt find the network. There is a hotfix for this available.

2. your drivers that can installed with windows are either buggy or outdated... check your cards site to see if updated drivers are available.

3. You havent checked your settings when you let the PC go into standby, slep or hibernate and it shuts down your network.

Most of the time it isnt the OS's fault on this one. 90% of the time a update to the drivers, getting the hotfixes or changing your setting will fix this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom