Internet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmp0816

Banned
Hi,

My dad is a photographer and regularly needs to upload pictures online. However when he does this I get so much lag on online games, there is no possibility of playing them. Is there anyway I can change the bandwith priority or do anything to make my online games go faster, I have good internet, its just those **** pictures. Any help is appreciated, even if it requires slowing down my dad's uploads, I'm fine with that.

Thanks,
Ted

The game I am trying to play online is Warcraft 3 specifically, not to be confused with WoW, I have forwarded the ports for Warcraft 3. Anything else I should forward?

EDIT:

I am looking at my router settings and I notice lots of settings under QoS for regulating priorities of somesort, can someone explain this to me and tell me if this will be able to help in some way?

Hello,

If your connection to online games is good when your dad isn't uploading pictures, then there's no need for port forwarding.

I played around with the QoS settings and Imanaged to get my game to work perfectly, but my dad was ****ed because it stopped his uploads nearly completelty. Now I didn't want to slow it down that bad. I set port 6112 to the highest priority, which is the port that the game plays on. Is there anyway me and my dad can have equal bandwith? Also does upstream bandwith mean upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom