Internet has encountered a problem (Not Responding): mshtml.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaqalain

In Runtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2600.0 Offset: 0010471a

Any solution for that as my friend still prefer IE as all data/favorites are in IE. Can I transfer Favorites?

Yes, you can import your favorites into FF. Although I hardly use FF (I'm an IE guy myself as well =P). I hardly have any probs with IE =\.

Edit: I'd suggest upgrading to IE7...I like it a lot more than IE6. And if you upgrade to IE7, I'd suggest downloading the IE7Pro add-on.

RESOLUTION
Windows XP
Update information
To immediately resolve this problem, download and install the following update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A463AA0A-B50B-453A-9803-EF6F7F4B451E
Hotfix information
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.

To resolve this problem, submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6294451
Note If additional issues occur or any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. To create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Help and Support
Prerequisites
To install this hotfix, you must have Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.

For additional information about how to obtain Windows XP SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322389 How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

All this info can be found here:

You may receive an error message in module Mshtml.dll and Internet Explorer quits when you run a custom Web program in Internet Explorer 6

But i would suggest a upgrade to IE7 and the use of IE7Pro as well. IE6 is nothign but trouble.

The version of IE I have installed does not match the update you asked me to install. Kindly advice correct update.

Attachments

• Setup Error.JPG
    Setup Error.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 115
The version of IE I have installed does not match the update you asked me to install. Kindly advice correct update.

At that point there is no further advice i can provide other than upgrading to IE7. Since that was the only article that was provided by Microsoft with a fix. Since you say your version doesnt match can only mean 1 of 2 things. Either 1.) you have IE5 at which point you NEED to upgrade. Or 2.) you have a previously failed upgrade to IE7.

Either way your only option will be to remove whatever version you have and reinstall IE. Sorry.

Just for information: After installing this update:
I am having Windows XP Professional 2002.
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 (KB834707)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 (KB834707)

After rebooting , machine is no more getting mshtml.dll error; I hope thats done and thanks alot for diverting my mind to some necessary updates.

Note:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Hotfix\KB834707
DWORD value is zero for service pack and 1 for valid.

Kindly advice/comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom